Huskies are an energetic and athletic breed. If left to deal with their boredom and restless energy, they can get quite destructive and aggressive. That’s why husky toys are so important. Such toys give these big boys an outlet for their energy, keeping them occupied and preventing them from getting anxious or bored while also mentally stimulating them.
Choosing the best husky toy for your buddy can be difficult if you’re not aware of what to look for. It’s essential to select a toy that’s not only durable and safe but is also liked by your husky.
Why Are Husky Toys Important?
While huskies are one of the friendliest, companionable, and active dog breeds, they’re also high-maintenance ones. They are well-liked and sought after because of their beautiful and attractive look.
However, huskies are also dogs that were made for heavy and high endurance tasks. These tasks included sledding for miles over snow and being a companion dog to the Chukchi tribe. As they were bred for such athletic activities, husky doesn’t take well to any sedentary lifestyle. They love going out and spending their energy on exercise and play.
That is why consistent and regular exercise for your husky that is intensive enough to exhaust them and deplete their energy is crucial. If huskies don’t get to expend their boundless energy, they’ll make it known to you – and not in a good way.
When huskies get bored or if they’re left with restless energy, they will indulge in a specific behavior.
They may even howl and whine loudly and frequently until you take them out and give them the workout they need. Sometimes, it may not be possible for you to humor your husky’s demands, especially when they don’t seem to be calming down even after exercises and training. In such cases, dog toys are handy as they keep your buddy’s attention diverted while also mentally and physically stimulating.
Huskies, in particular, love chewing things. So, chew toys can be very useful for keeping them engaged and happy. They’re also highly intelligent and independent. They love mentally stimulating toys like puzzles and other interactive toys.
A Guide To Choosing The Best Husky Toys
Getting a dog toy for your husky is not as simple as buying the first thing you see fit. There are various things you need to keep in mind. Doing your research before you settle on the best choice is as important as buying the toy itself.
Otherwise, if you get an incompatible toy for your handsome buddy, it would only prove to be a waste of time and money.
How To Choose The Best Husky Toy?
Understanding Your Husky
Your husky may never play with your toy if he doesn’t like it. So, before you buy an excellent husky toy, try to understand the temperament of your loyal friend. Understand his preferences and avoid if he’s more of a chewer or likes to play with puzzles.
Your husky may be a complete extrovert and may love playing with fetch balls and other training and exercises toys more than chewing on anything. In which case, getting them to fetch balls and ball throwers would be better. The temperament of your husky will play a significant role in the toys they end up preferring.
Hence, how compatible you think a toy will be for your husky will matter when selecting the best toy for your boy or girl. Since huskies like to play and are pretty smart, they generally love dog toys.
However, there are times when no toy would keep a husky occupied and entertained, and they may end up getting aggressive and destructive despite your efforts. If the toys you get for them seem to have no positive effect on them, then that means a different approach might be needed.
Understanding The Safety Of The Husky Toy
Since huskies are notoriously hard to housebreak and train, they can often display negative behaviors. Toys are another way to keep their destructive behaviors like chewing and destroying furniture, tearing at things, breaking them, or damaging plants at bay.
Toys would sufficiently provide them with ample distraction and keep them entertained. Toys are also a great way of relieving anxiety for your furry friends.
However, how safe the toy is for your friend is a very crucial factor to consider.
You need to be on the lookout for the safety and durability of the toy. You don’t want your furry friend hurting themselves while trying to play and have a good time. That would put a damper on things real fast.
So, when choosing a husky toy, look for soft enough materials to not cause any harm or injury. You also need to be careful with the material, as your husky will likely try to chew through the toy or tear them to shreds. In any case, hurting your husky is the last thing any toy should do.
What To Look For In A Husky Toy
You’ll be overwhelmed with the number of choices you have at your disposal when it comes to husky toys. Choosing a few among them can be difficult and time-consuming. That is why knowing what to look for in the toys specifically can help you select the best husky toy more easily. It would also help you narrow down the pick’s down to what is better suited for your husky.
Here are the aspects that you need to consider and look out for when buying your husky some fun toys.
The material of any toy you buy will be the most important factor you would need to take a closer look at. Choose toys made up of soft and plush material that are easy on your husky gums. Materials that are hard and sharp can hurt your husky’s mouth and can even injure them seriously.
They tend to shred and chew through the toys, so look for a safe, strong, and durable material.
Aside from the kind of material you should choose, you also need to be wary of the materials you shouldn’t choose. Choose toys that are safe for your husky to play with.
Huskies are big dogs with strong jaws that can quickly shred soft squeaky toys. Squeaky toys also make them curious to find out the source of the sound. They often end up destroying the toy to win the challenge of getting to the squeaky noise.
So unless you want a mess in your husky’s mouth, be careful when you choose easily destructible and squeaky toys. Keep an eye on the toy your husky chews and make sure he doesn’t ingest any harmful ingredients like cotton or fabric while he’s at it. That could lead to health and digestive issues.
How stimulating the toy you get for your husky also matters. Being highly intelligent, huskies appreciate intellectually stimulating toys and puzzles with different levels of difficulty. You could change up the levels depending on how well your husky is solving them.
Interactive toys also help them sharpen their mind and keep them engaged enough to keep boredom at bay.
Other than mentally stimulating toys, you can also look for physically stimulating toys like fetch balls. These would be a lot of help when you are training or exercising your husky. They would be a good way to play with them and help expend their excess energy.
It can be easy for your husky to shred softer toys that are not as durable. That can be disappointing as they may not even last days. Husky toys with strong and durable, and sturdy material would last longer and pose a challenge for your husky. This would keep them entertained and occupied as well.
You also need to remember to settle for toys that offer some warranty or money-back guarantee, and there isn’t any entirely indestructible toy. Sooner or later, the toy is bound to be bested by you, big boy.
Siberian husky isn’t a small or tiny breed. They are moderately large, and little squeaky toys might not be a good idea for a husky. They would destroy or chew through it easily, and with small toys, there’s always the chance of your husky accidentally ingesting its part.
So, look for appropriately sized toys for your huskies that would be compatible with them.
Most toys offer multiple sizes, and you can easily select the most favorable-sized toy for your big boy.
What Are The Benefits Of Husky Toys?
There are several benefits of getting a toy for your husky. As mentioned earlier, they are a great way of releasing excessive and pent-up energy in your husky. They also act as a distraction from aggressive and destructive behavior and also help keep your husky entertained. They are suitable for helping your buddy with separation anxiety as well.
Here are some more benefits of husky toys:
- Huskies don’t like to be left alone, so a toy would help distract them from loneliness when you’re not available at home.
- Playing with your husky with a toy is a great way to bond with them.
- Stimulating and educating toys can also help discourage your husky from expressing negative behavior.
- Husky chew toys can be great for husky puppies going through teething.
10 Best Toys For Huskies
As huskies want to engage in playful activities to stay in a good mood, toys can be the best option to ensure that. But there are hundreds of toys available in the market for your husky’s entertainment. So, to make your choice easy, here is a list of the best toys you can get for your husky.
1 Outward Hound Hide A Squirrel
If your husky loves playing with squeaky toys, the Outward Hound Hide a Squirrel is the best toy for him. It is a puzzle toy that makes funny, squeaking noises to entice the dog.
The toy has a stump of nooks and crannies along with three hidden squirrels inside. Your husky will love playing with it and find its favorite one. As you cannot fill it with treats, it will be an excellent option to keep huskies from gaining weight.
You can get this puzzle toy in four different sizes and four unique designs. Other than squirrels, it comes with birds hidden in a house and hedgehogs hidden in a log.
Moreover, your dog can play with this toy for hours as it requires more physical engagement than other puzzles.
- Most puzzle toys are made of plastic, but this is a soft plush one that is ideal for small pups.
- This puzzle toy has birds, squirrels, hedgehogs, bees, or any other animal variations available.
- You can use it as a puzzle, chew, or a fetch toy to play with your husky.
- You can buy an extra squirrel pack to replace the older ones once they are damaged.
- The Outward Hound Hide a Squirrel is an easy-to-solve puzzle that works excellent for first-timers.
- There are several ways to play with this toy, such as fetch and hide & seek.
- It is a 2-in-1 interactive toy with a trunk and a squeaky animal available at a really low price.
- It is not durable for tough huskies.
- Not challenging enough for grown huskies.
2 Wobble Wag Giggle Ball
The Wobble Wag giggle ball is one of the best toys for your dog as it allows him to play even in the dark with its glow-in-the-dark feature. It is a really fun plaything for a husky who loves playing indoors as well as outdoors.
The toy produces a giggling sound that entices the dogs and makes them more curious. It is a non-toxic toy free from phthalate, making it a safe option for young huskies.
The ball will be a great exercise game for your dog that can play with it for hours, even at night. It will emit a joyful noise every time your husky shakes it. Moreover, the manufacturer uses durable and pet-safe material for this goggle ball. So, you don’t have to worry about your husky’s safety while playing with the toy.
However, consider other options if your husky is an aggressive chewer, as it will ruin the ball.
- The toy features a glow-in-the-dark effect.
- It produces a giggling sound every time you nudge it.
- The ball is made from phthalate-free vinyl
- It has six clutch pockets, allowing easy and smooth play for the husky.
- The ball is made with durable and pet-safe material.
- Your dog can play outdoors, even during nighttime.
- This toy appeals to almost every dog, no matter their age.
- It is available at a reasonable price.
- Aggressive chewers might damage the material.
- It is only available in one size.
3 StarMark Bob-A-Lot Interactive Dog Toy
StarMark Bob-a-Lot dog toy is one of the most recommended toys for your husky. With extraordinary strength and high durability, this toy can match the level of a Kong. Rarely an aggressive Husky will be able to destroy it while playing.
The toy involves a simple puzzle that needs some kibbles or treats to start the game. All you have to do is fill up the toy’s bottom with a snack and keep it back on the floor. Your husky will get on to solve the puzzle as soon as it touches the floor.
The holes are large enough for the dog to finish the food inside it within five minutes in most toys. However, the StarMark dog toy is equipped with an adjustable door for you to control how easy it is for your pet to finish the treat. Some owners even use it as a food-dispenser for their huskies who feed on kibble or other snacks.
- This toy has a strong build.
- It comes with an adjustable door slide to manage the food inside.
- The large chamber can contain a complete meal that equals three cups of food.
- You can get this puzzle toy in small and large sizes.
- It can also work as a food dispenser.
- It is pretty non-destructible.
- Multi-purpose toy for exercise, playing, and feeding your dog.
- Its extraordinary strength makes it durable and safe from aggressive huskies.
- It takes time to fill up the food chamber.
- The toy is difficult to clean.
4 Nina Ottosson Smart Dog Beginner Puzzle Toy
Nina Ottosson is a renowned brand in the industry mainly known for its wide range of interactive toys. This smart dog puzzle toy is the ideal toy for those huskies that are new to the toy world.
As the puzzle is easy to solve, your dog will find it very intriguing the first time he plays with it. All your husky needs to do is remove the plastic bones out from the chambers, using their mouth, to earn the reward.
You can place a treat under the plastic bones to surprise your dog with a yummy snack. To make it more fun, put the snack only under one or two bones. So, your husky will be able to smell the food but will only find it under the bones you chose. It will be a challenge for your dog to find the treat and earn his reward.
However, you should always stay around your dog while he plays with this puzzle toy. It is possible that your husky starts chewing it aggressively or swallows a plastic bone.
- The toy has nine hidden compartments for treats and snacks.
- It also comes in various other difficulty levels such as intermediate, advanced, and expert.
- This toy is an interactive, rewarding puzzle game that supports mental wellbeing.
- The Nino Ottosson smart interactive toy is free from BPA, BVC, and phthalate for the dog’s safety.
- It is a great puzzle toy for young pups or first-time players.
- This toy is suitable for all breeds and sizes of dogs.
- It helps control your husky’s destructive behavior.
- It requires your supervision.
- The puzzle is not much challenging.
5 PAW5: Wooly Snuffle Mat
The PAW5 Wooly Snuffle Mat is a unique type of interactive dog toy that will immediately grab your pet’s attention. It is like an extra-long rug that you can use to hide treats and let your husky sniff around and find them.
It might sound easy at first, but the material of the mat raps around to hold and hide the treat properly. It won’t be easier for the husky to find his treat in this uniquely built dog toy. However, it is a lot more expensive than other toys and lasts long, and will keep your dog entertained for years.
The simple yet effective design makes the PAW5 Wooly snuffle mat the best feeding toy for your dog.
- The mat mimics grass allowing the dog to hunt for food in nature.
- It is washable and dryable in the machine with durable construction.
- This mat has a unique design that makes it challenging for the dog to find his treat.
- It is only available in grey color with a size of 12 × 18 inches.
- The mat prevents your dog from gulping food.
- It allows the husky to find his food on his own.
- This is a handmade mat made without the use of any unsafe, toxic materials.
- You can wash it in the machine as many times as you want.
- With the dog food and the dog’s saliva, the mat gets stinky.
- The rug is affordable but is more expensive than other dog toys on the market.
6 Kong Kp32 Activity Ball
Kong is one of the best toy manufacturers in the market. The Kong Kp32 activity ball will be the perfect chew toy for your husky. This toy is specially made for aching gums growing teeth of your husky.
You can fill the patented Denta-ridges with your dog’s favorite snack to make the play more enjoyable. This activity ball is best suited for younger husky pups and promotes healthy chewing for the dogs.
You can get the Kong Kp32 in two different sizes, with the larger one having more space for treats and snacks. If you freeze the toy, it will soothe your husky’s aching gums while chewing it.
- The Kong Kp32 has dented ridges to fill with your husky’s favorite treat.
- It comes in two different colors – blue and pink.
- It is available in two sizes – small and medium – for young and older pups.
- The toy weighs 35 pounds, easier for the dog to pick.
- The larger size is spacious for more snacks and makes the play more enticing.
- This chew toy promotes healthy chewing to soothe the dog’s aching gums.
- It is made with soft rubber material to help teething puppies with sore gums.
- This toy is not a great option for old huskies.
- It is hard to clean.
7 Outward Hound Spinner Interactive Puzzle Toy
The Outward Hound spinner interactive puzzle toy is an excellent choice for your pup to spend his day with. This toy comes with three stories of rotating stars and has enough space for a treat for your dog.
Your husky can easily pick it up, but getting to the snack will be a challenging thing for him/her. You can alternate between the difficulty levels of the toy using an adjustment knob attached to the toy.
Fill this spinner puzzle toy with your dog’s favorite snack and let him/her try to get it while you focus on your work. You can also use it as a food dispenser for your husky. Your playful dog will have a great time with this interesting spinning toy.
- The toy has ten chambers you can fill with snacks and treats for the husky.
- The Outward hound spinning toy comes with an adjustable knob to set difficulty levels.
- It is free from BVC, BPC, and phthalates.
- This toy only weighs 0.4 kilograms.
- It is a treat-seeking, interactive toy for puzzles and exercise.
- Varying difficulty levels keep the husky engaged while looking for the treat.
- The toy is dishwasher safe and easy to clean.
- It will keep your husky entertained for a long time.
- This Outward Hound spinning toy keeps the dog from eating too fast.
- This spinning toy is not that challenging for smart and well-trained huskies.
- Sometimes, it’s hard for the dog to grab the treat due to the small size of the chambers.
8 WEST PAW Zogoflex Rumpus Dog Chew Toy
If your Husky loves chew sticks, the West Paw Zogoflex chew toy will be the perfect option for him. With this toy, your husky can eat from its multiple holes but in smaller quantities. This will ensure that your dog does not eat faster than he needs to.
It is a powerful dog toy that you can combine with yummy treats to keep your husky entertained for at least one hour. The material used for this toy is hard rubber, which saves the toy from heavy chewers. In case there is any damage, West Paw offers you a 100% guarantee to claim it.
This toy has high durability and can last for hours if you fill it with the right amount of treats. Your dog can even play with this chew toy in water as it is a floatable toy. Moreover, it is dishwasher safe and made with non-toxic material to ensure the safety of your husky.
- The West Paw Zogoflex chew toy is a recyclable toy made in the USA.
- This product comes in three colors – Aqua Blue, Tangerine, and Granny Smith.
- It is available in small and medium sizes.
- You can use it to feed your dog or play fetch with him.
- It is highly durable and can withstand aggressive chewers.
- The toy is non-toxic and FDA compliant to ensure your dog’s safety.
- This chew toy is floatable, allowing your dog to play in the water too.
- The size of this toy is perfect for all types of dogs.
- It is not entirely indestructible but durable.
9 KONG Jump N Jack Dog Toy
The Kong Jump N Jack Dog toy is another fetch toy designed for energetic, playful husky dogs. The company uses durable rubber material to make this toy that saves it from aggressive chewers.
The toy features chewable branches that allow the dog to grip it easily and chew on it. These branches are ridged that clean your husky’s teeth while it chews on them for hours. It even helps get the stuck food out of the dog’s teeth.
As your husky’s dental health is essential, you won’t have to worry about cleaning his teeth once you buy this chew toy. Moreover, you can stuff this chew toy with snacks to reward your husky.
Since Kong is a famous toy-making brand, this toy will be an excellent choice for your dog’s playtime.
- You can get this chew toy in small, medium, and large sizes.
- The ridged, chewable branches allow a firm grip.
- This chew toy is suitable for large dogs that weigh between 30 to 65 pounds.
- You can stuff Denta-ridges with treats for your dog.
- Kong is a renowned toy-making company.
- Highly durable and robust material that even aggressive chewers cannot damage.
- The ridged branches are good for the husky’s dental health.
- Some customers complain about the material being too flimsy.
10 Busy Buddy Twist’ n Treat
Intelligent breeds, like husky, love playing with dog toys that challenge their intelligence. Busy Buddy Twist’n Treat is one of those toys. At first, it would seem like a rubber ball made with durable material. However, if you look closely, the ball has two parts that can be adjusted and filled with treats for the husky.
The manufacturer uses natural rubber for this dog toy that is highly durable and can endure bites from moderate chewers. The material is also free of toxic elements, ensuring the safety of your pet.
You can adjust the two halves closer to make it more challenging for the dog to reach the snack. Or you can twist them apart to let your dog enjoy an easy treat.
- The toy is designed for large dogs that weigh over 50 pounds.
- It has two adjustable pieces that allow you to fill the toy with your dog’s favorite treat.
- X-small, small, medium, and large are the available sizes in this toy.
- It is dishwasher safe and easy to clean.
- It is made with non-toxic, BPA-free material.
- It cannot withstand aggressive chewers.
As we have seen, an ideal husky toy would need to not only fulfill the interest of the husky but also prove mentally invigorating to your buddy as well. That is why the Outward Hound Hide a Squirrel is our top pick for the best toys for huskies.
This particular toy is not only highly durable and made up of materials that are safe to play with for your dog but is also effective in capturing your husky’s attention. Your husky is sure to be entertained and satisfied with the Outward Hound Hide A Squirrel toy.
And since you have multiple other options, you can try a few to see which toy your husky likes better.
Frequently Asked Questions
No purchase comes without creating dozens of questions in your mind. Seeking answers to the doubts and queries you come up with regarding the best toy for your husky is an essential step before purchasing a toy. Let’s explore and get answers to some of the commonly asked questions.
What Kind Of Toys Do Siberian Huskies Like?
Siberian huskies are far from being a mellow or passive breed. They’re highly energetic and playful, so they tend to like toys that can help them expend excess energy.
They’re also highly intelligent. Playing with innovative and mentally stimulating toys can be very beneficial for your buddy. Educational and fun puzzle toys help huskies stay focused and occupied with playing with them. It also helps them in fixing destructive and negative behavior and makes them understand positive reinforcements easily.
The toys are needed not only to keep them engaged but also to further their mental growth. Training them to play with puzzles and smart toys would enhance their training as well. Huskies love to run around and play outdoors, so they especially like fetch toys as well.
Playing with a fetch toy during workouts will also help you and your husky bond well.
Husky puppies going through the teething also like something to chew on. In that case, rope and durable chew toys would help them through the process. Teething toys can help soothe their gums and lessen their pain as well.
How To Keep A Husky Entertained?
Keeping your husky entertained when you are unable to go out for fun playtimes can get challenging. Especially if they have;t had their share of exercises and training for the day.
That’s when husky toys would come in handy and keep your husky entertained enough not to run around destroying things. It would also help them keep their separation anxiety at bay when you leave them alone for some time.
Other than toys, you can also keep your husky entrained by stimulating their sensory world. Use a TV or puzzle toys to capture their attention for a while.
If you can, then take them out for walks or socializing in the parks. Very few other activities could beat that.
Another way to keep them entertaining would be to keep them physically busy. You can do this by taking them for swims or training them for obedience, agility, etc. You can even take them for hiking or sledding or play a game of fetch.
Since they are so athletic, they will appreciate the physical workout to keep them entertained and satisfied.
What If My Husky Is Not Interested In Toys?
There are odd times when your husky might refuse toys or show no interest in them. If you have tried several different types of games and toys and none of them work, then it could mean that your husky does not fancy them.
However, another reason your husky isn’t showing interest in dogs could be a lack of socialization and mental stimulation. So make sure you are properly training your dog for simulations and giving it plenty of exercise and playtime.
In such a case, you would have to find alternative ways to keep your husky busy, entertained, and occupied and find other ways to help them spend their energy.
One of the ways you could do that is by taking them on walks or hikes. You could also look into getting them a companion. Huskies are pack animes, and though they can live with you as your one dog, they would prefer having other huskies around.
Not only other huskies, but other dog breeds also get along well with huskies so that you can find a companion for your big guy very easily. This would help keep them engaged even if you’re not home and appropriately train them in socialization as well.
What Kind Of Games Do Huskies Like?
Huskies tend to like all kinds of games that require physical exertions. They were bred for miles of heavy sled pulling in the snow, so they tend to have more energy than you’d think. Games, where they get to run around while playing and having fun, are the most preferred ones.
Some of these games include sled pulling, tug of war, hide and seek, etc. they also make great companions for hiking and swimming. Your huskies will love any game which is bound to exhaust them.
Huskies are smart creatures, so they also love to play games that mentally stimulate them. Playing with interactive puzzle toys helps them release stress and keeps them happy and entertained.
What Is The Best Husky Toy?
You have to understand that there is no one-size-fits-all for husky toys. Huskies tend to have varying personalities and are intelligent and sassy.
It can depend on several factors like their age, preference, interest, toy size, and how stimulating it is. The best toy for a husky would be a toy that keeps your husky engaged in play and would mentally nourish them as well.
The toy should also be made up of soft and safe material and should ideally be long-lasting to weather the constant chewing and shredding.