Dogs are the paradigm of joy and loyalty. Irrespective of any breed, a dog makes for a perfect companion.
Hence, it is only fair that you provide the best for them. If you are a husky owner and wish to acquire the best quality cot for them to laze in, you have come to the right place!
Here is all you need to know to buy the best husky bed.
Benefits Of Having A Good Dog Bed For Your Husky
Dogs add joy to our homes, and it’s not surprising that you will want to cuddle them 24/7. Wanting your dog to sleep with you on the same bed is a common aspiration for every pet parent. However, for your husky’s sake, you need to part with that dream.
Wrapping your arms around your husky as you lay under the blanket sounds like heaven. It is a tough battle between what you need to do for your husky and what you want to do. Choosing a good dog bed is one such need.
If you are still not ready to compromise the warmth of your husky’s fur as you sleep at night. We have a list of benefits to convince you to make the right decision. Here are a few benefits of having an excellent husky bed:
Protects The Physique
A proper dog bed will protect your dog’s physique. They will help in alleviating the pain and stress of his pressure points. Proper husky beds are essential for maintaining the posture of your pets. Huskies are known to be prone to arthritic pain ailments like hip dysplasia.
Thus, a good bed is of great importance for their well-being.
Helps In Building A Personal Sanctuary For Your Dog
It is essential to have their world and get rid of co-dependent tendencies. Your husky might want to spend all day with you, but they need their dose of independence. This bed will help him find his special place in the household chaos.
This will further train him to be comfortable in his peaceful retreat when you are away.
Helps In Keeping The House Clean
Yes, this factor is all about your need. When your husky sleeps on the couch, on the mat, or in your bed, the tufts of hair found can overwhelm you. To keep your house clean, you need to find your husky their place of comfort.
Better Sleep Practice
Like humans, your fur baby needs adequate sleep for good health.
Studies have shown that a good night’s sleep helps in sharpening your dog’s memory. Good sleep equals more intelligent dogs, which in turn are better at learning new tricks and commands.
Sets Healthy Boundaries
It is comforting to have your husky sleep with you at night. Being a large breed, they tend to take more space to end in a tussle for a room in the middle of the night. Giving them their bed provides both of you with a comfortable amount of space.
You can place your pup’s bed in your room and successfully set healthy boundaries between the two spaces.
A Guide For Purchasing The Best Husky Beds
A night of good sleep is a necessity for dogs. A good sleep always equals good health. Hence, to ensure that your dog is getting its well-needed sleep, a good quality bed for your canine is an essential requirement. Before purchasing a bed for your four-legged friends, you must take into considerations the following parameters:
When hungry, stressed, or bored, dogs adore chewing. Young dogs also resort to it to ease their teething pain. Hence, if you buy a bed that is not sturdy, it can lead to a disaster. Chewing can be destructive. So, if the bed’s material ends up stuck in your dog’s stomach or intestine, it can be very harmful to their health.
Therefore, you must make sure that the bed you are purchasing for your dog is not fabric made with foam pieces or other types of cushioning material.
For dogs who find pleasure from constant chewing, PVC pipe or canvas-covered beds are most suitable. Further, when it comes to bigger dogs or dogs with thick coats ( like huskies), elevated beds are the best for them. Elevated beds ensure airflow underneath that has a cooling effect on your dog.
Before buying a bed for your dog, you must measure your dog from head to tail. This way, you can ensure that your canine’s bed is not disproportional to his size.
Even if your dog is small and likes to curl up while sleeping, make sure that the bed is big enough for them to stretch out comfortably.
A good-sized bed will ensure that your dog does not climb up your favorite couch and scratch. Hence you must be liberal in your choice and the bed’s size.
Before buying the bed, measure your dog’s weight and length. To measure its weight, you can either step on the weighing machine while holding (deduct your weight from the total to get your dog’s) or let it sit on the weighing machine.
- If your dog weighs below 19 kilograms, you will have to buy a small bed.
- Dogs that weigh between 19 and 27 kilograms require a medium-sized bed.
- Dogs that weigh between 28 and 54 kilograms need a large-sized bed.
- Lastly, If your dog weighs more than 54 kilograms, an extra-large bed must be ordered.
The Bed Material
After considering the size and sturdiness parameter, you must analyze which material is ideal for your dog’s bed. The material depends on your dog’s age, joints ( if they have achy joints or not), and fur.
If your dog is old and has bulky joints, then memory foam beds are the best for them. Some beds even come with cooling gel which relieves joint pains. It also helps in maintaining your dog’s body temperature. You can buy heated dog beds from the market as well.
They are ideal for cold seasons (especially for dogs without fur) and treating joint circulation issues, arthritis, and hip dysplasia.
You must purchase a fluffy bed if your dog is young or small. They are quite comfortable and snuggly. Also, it is better to buy beds with hypoallergenic fillings like natural cotton or poly-fiber. Some beds contain cedar chips that most dogs are allergic to. Hence, you must look out for them.
Your Dog’s Sleeping Habits
Another important parameter is your dog’s sleeping habits. Like humans, dogs have certain habits that make them comfortable while sleeping.
If your dog loves to stretch around while sleeping, you must get it a pillow-type rectangle-shaped or an oval-shaped bed.
If you are unsure about the size of your dog, buy it a large size bed. Large-sized beds are the most comfortable.
In case your dog prefers curling up while sleeping, you can get it a lounge bed or a bumper. Those are the ideal options in this scenario.
Where To Place Your Dog’s Bed
Before buying the bed, you must take time and decide which place in your house is best to set your dog’s bed.
You might have multiple rooms to choose from, but make sure that your dog’s bed is not in an isolated location. It is better to keep their beds near yours or in the open area where they feel you are close to them. Also, ensure that their bed is close to the window, where they can enjoy the fresh air. Of course, during the harsh winter season, place their bed in a warm location (in case your dog does not have a heated bed).
Place the bed in a less congested area. Also, place your dog’s bed in a way that it does not look out of place.
Cleanliness And Maintenance Of Your Dog’s Bed
Dogs, like humans, prefer a clean and spotless bed that does not smell. Cleaning dog beds can be an ordeal for many dog owners. Hence, you must browse and look for easy-to-clean dog beds.
Beds that come with removable covers are pretty convenient to clean. You have to remove them and pop them into your washing machine from time to time. Also, some beds come with washable mattresses that are flea and dust mites safe.
Dogs suffer from allergies and dermatitis if their beds are not clean. Fleas and dust mites cause these problems in dogs, as well as you and other residents of your house.
Best Dog Beds For A Husky
1 Furhaven Pet Deluxe Mat Ultra
- Colors available: Garden bark brown, Garden iron gate, Garden jungle green, Garden lapis blue, Kilim pyramid gray, Kilim pyramid latte, Kilim southwest espresso, Kilim southwest indigo, Oxford chestnut, Oxford deep lagoon.
- Sizes available: Small, Medium, Large, Jumbo, Jumbo plus
- Styles available: Memory foam, orthopedic foam, cooling gel foam
- Item dimension: 44 x 35 x 4 inches
- Material: Polyester
If your dog prefers an open sleep surface, Furhaven’s deluxe mat ultra-bed is just the right option for you. The mat ultra has an inviting form and function. It is cozy ad provides optimum comfort. It gives your dog plenty of space to stretch.
It comes with a durable coated poly-canvas gusset. The sleep surface is water-resistant wish is a convenient feature. This feature makes this mattress usable in both indoor and outdoor environments. The support foam used in the bed is medical grade.
The foam is 100% USA manufactured and certified. It is also formaldehyde-free, making it safe for use. Its additional high loft support is spectacular. The mattress has a non-obtrusive, step-on design that makes it easy to access for small, elderly, or disabled pets.
The superior support provided by the foam will enable your dog to get deeper and more restorative rest for the day.
For a husky, a large-sized mattress will be more than enough. The cover is zippered and can be easily removed. Also, you can easily wash the cover in the washing machine or by hand.
- The cover is water-resistant.
- Medical grade and allergy-proof foam are used in the mattress.
- The cover is removable and washable, which ensures cleanliness.
- It does not come with any headrest.
2 Furhaven Pet Traditional Living Room Couch
- Colors available: Kilim black medallion, Kilim boulder gray, Kilim desert brown, Navy, Quilted Cofee, Quilted iron-gray, Quilted navy, Quilted silver, Quilted toasted brown, Quilted wine red.
- Sizes available: Small, Medium, Large, Jumbo, and Jumbo plus.
- Styles available: Cooling gel foam, Memory foam, Orthopedic foam.
- Item dimensions: 44 x 35 x 8 inches
- Material: Polyester
Furhaven pet products promise high quality and durability. This living room dog couch by Furhaven pet 100% recycled fluffy-filled bolsters. It has a three-sided design that provides plenty of room for the headrest. The couch comes in different styles.
The cover can easily be removed and washed in a washing machine. The cover has a DIY design that enables you to use any foam and material of your choice that suits your dog. Furhaven provides this product in multiple sizes, colors, and styles.
Its cooling gel foam is ideal for providing a cooling relief to your dogs during summer, while the memory foam style is thoroughly therapeutic for them.
Also, the orthopedic foam style is just fit for relaxing your lovable dog’s achy joint.
Furhaven has endowed this couch with ideal features. Hence, once you buy this fantastic dog bed for your canine, it would enjoy its comfort and luxury.
- A comfortable headrest will make your dog’s rest more comfortable.
- Removable and washable cover that allows cleanliness.
- Stylish design and DIY cover.
- It is not waterproof. Hence, it is not fit for outdoor environments.
3 Hero Dog Dog Bed Mat Crate Pad Anti Slip Mattress Washable for Large Medium Small Pets Sleeping
- Colors available: Dark Blue, Dark Brown, Dark Grey, Light grey, Summer Red
- Sizes available: 21 inches, 27.5 inches, 36 inches, 42 inches, 47 inches
- Pattern: Solid
- Material: Fleece
- Package Dimensions: 15.35 x 11.93 x 5.75 inches; 2.2 Pounds
This is a lightweight mattress that falls on the thin range. These qualities act as advantages because they are the perfect fit for older dogs. More aged dogs can quickly get out of this bed and move around because of its non-bulky nature.
It is low maintenance and foldable, thus easy to travel with on trips that your husky accompanies. It is made with durable plush fleece that protects your dog’s vertebrae and induces good sleep posture.
If your dog is old or suffering from some physical ailment, this might be a good choice. The bed is made with an anti-slip, non-skid bottom that prevents it from moving or shifting on the floor. Moreover, the 3cm cotton inside helps in soothing the joints of your husky.
- The bed is 100% machine washable and can also be hand washed.
- The fabric is soft and breathable, making it a warm and comfortable place for your pet to sleep.
- Portable and can be used in all areas like car seats, sofa, and the floor.
- The non-skid material might stick with your tiled floor, making it difficult to move without force.
4 SIWA MARY Dog Bed Mat Soft Crate Pad Washable Anti-Slip Mattress for Large Medium Small Dogs and Cats Kennel Pad
- Colors available: Grey, Pink
- Sizes available: 23”/29”/35”/40”, 23”/29”/35”/40”, 23”/29”/35”/40”, 23”/29”/35”/40′
- Materials: Plush, Hardwood, Pp cotton, Cotton, Fleece
- Pattern: Solid
- Package Dimensions: 15 x 13.5 x 3.5 inches; 2.5 Pounds
This is an ideal dog bed for large dogs and has a clearance of up to 90 pounds. Moreover, the fleece plush material makes it a soft and comfy place for the dog. The cozy cotton inner filling makes it perfect for the husky skin.
It can be placed in any place of your home, and the non-skid material will stay put in place. Husky being a large breed, you might worry about the size of the bed. This bed comes with an assurance that the size will not reduce even after washing.
If you plan on taking your canine on a trip, this bed will easily fit inside the dog crate. The company makes the bed with a motto to make your dog feel like a king or queen.
- The soft and breathable fabric makes a warm and comfortable place for your pet.
- The bed fits all standard crate sizes.
- Although hand wash is preferred, you can also try machine wash. The dog bed will retain its original size even after washing.
- The product is unsuitable for dogs with a chewing tendency.
5 Bedsure Large Memory Foam Orthopedic Dog Bed – Washable Dog Crate Mat with Removable Cover and Waterproof Liner – Plush Flannel Fleece Top with Nonskid Bottom for Medium, Large and Extra Large Dogs
- Color available: Grey
- Materials: Polyester, Plush, Fleece
- Sizes: M, L, and XL
- Product Dimensions: 35 x 22 x 3 inches; 4.17 Pounds
The bed promises ample sleeping space and for all sleeping styles. Your dog can curl up or completely spread out, and the bed will never fail to make space for him. It is filled with foam that contours to your dog’s shape and are suitable for his joints.
If your dog ends up dirtying the bed, you can easily remove the cover and machine wash it. The design is also waterproof, thereby protecting the inner foam from spill accidents.
The bed is applicable for both indoor and outdoor use, allowing your husky to relax anywhere he wants. Moreover, the portable bed design will enable you to carry the bed wherever you go without any extra fuss.
- It is known to be a good fit for senior and arthritic dogs that require extra support.
- The understated color with contrasting piping fits any home décor aesthetic.
- The cushion is filled with high-density memory foam that takes the shape of your pet’s physique.
- It is not high in wear and tear resistance and not a good choice for dogs with chewing habits.
6 PetFusion Ultimate Dog Bed, Solid CertiPUR-US Orthopedic Memory Foam, Multiple Colors and Sizes, Medium Firmness Pillow, Waterproof Liner, Breathable Bed Cover, Cert. Skin Contact Safe, 3yr Warranty
- Colors available: Chocolate brown, Slate grey, Sandstone
- Material: Polyester, Cotton
- Sizes: Small, Large, XL, XXL jumbo
- Product Dimensions : 36 x 28 x 9 inches; 14 Pounds
Sold in different neutral shades, this bed is a good fit for your husky’s joint health. The breathable fabric and warm memory foam filling will let your husky have a good comfortable sleep.
The product promises to be made of premium quality and while keeping in mind the husky’s well-being. The smart design comes with a base and bolsters for optimal support and a non-skid bottom. The design also promises to have wear and tear-resistant cover.
The design checks all European health standards and promises to be large enough to hold your dog easily. With low VOC emissions for indoor air quality, the fabric is certified as skin safe.
- Provided with head and neck support for the best comfort.
- Wear and tear resistance, making it a safe husky bed for pets with chewing tendencies.
- A cover design with a slow water absorption rate and a zipper for easy removal in case of accidents.
- It is water-resistant and not waterproof. The difference is that water will enter though in small amounts.
Summing It Up
In the maze of different products in the market, we aspire to help you make an informed decision. Run through the buying guide above in the article to figure out the various factors.
We end this article with 6 amazing choices of husky beds and hope that you found the one you were looking for. Huskies tend to grow into arthritic ailments with age, and each product has been selected while keeping this in mind.
We wish happy health to both you and your little furball.