Being an owner of a pet means you have a huge responsibility. From their vaccination routines to their food requirements, you need to take care of everything. Unfortunately, when it comes to energetic huskies, they can be clumsy with their food choices.
Huskies with sensitive stomachs cannot digest specific food items, which makes them avoid eating altogether. Therefore, you need to buy the best food for a husky with a sensitive stomach.
What Is A Sensitive Stomach And Its Symptoms?
Sensitivity in the stomach indicates that the dog has allergic reactions to certain food items. If husky has allergic reactions to food, the immune system identifies the protein as an intruder in the food instead of being a cause of the immune response.
In that case, your husky will suffer from ear infections and itchy skin due to the invader. It can also cause diarrhea or vomiting symptoms in some dogs. However, there could be other reasons for the sensitive stomach.
You can find some common roots of gastrointestinal issues in dogs:
- Bacterial Infections
- Have eaten something they should not
Therefore, you need to find out what is the cause of the sensitive stomach of your husky. That way, you will be able to find the best food for a husky with a sensitive stomach.
Common Symptoms Of A Husky With Sensitive Stomach
If your husky shows any of the following symptoms, take a note and visit your vet right away.
Intermittent Loose Stools
As you change your husky diet, it can result in loose poops or stool, which is not normal. If the loose stool results from new supplements or new diets, wait for a day to check if it normalizes. If it doesn’t, that means your husky has an upset digestive system.
Dogs sometimes puke when they eat any random food or things off the road or something that disturbs their stomach. However, if the vomiting happens more frequently than usual during meal times, your husky might be suffering from a sensitive tummy.
You must visit the vet to check whether your dog has a bacterial infection or not. The bacterial infection is sometimes the cause of diarrhea, but a sensitive stomach could also be one reason. Your vet can only help you find the cause of the problem.
Loss Of Appetite
It is the most common sign of a husky with a sensitive stomach. Huskies feel irritated due to the burning sensation they have after eating their meal. That’s why they try to skip meals, which results in appetite loss.
Everyone knows how active and energetic huskies are. However, when your husky is not feeling well, you might find them lying quiet and upset for a more extended period.
Other symptoms of the sensitive stomach include:
- Excessive thirst
- Showing no interest in surroundings
- Eating grass
- Stinky breath
- Excessive lip licking
- Excessive hair loss
- Bleeding in stool
More Signs Of Sensitive Stomach
If you see the following symptoms in your beloved husky, know that something goes wrong with your little friend.
- Bleeding: if you notice blood in your pop’s stool, there are high chances for undigested food.
- Fever: Increased body temperature is a common reason for any significant or minor disease in husky.
- Stinky Farts: One of the most common symptoms of undigested food is smelly farts.
- Frequent Pukes: Non-stop vomit is an alarming sign to check the diet of your husky.
- Hair Loss: Sensitive stomach cause hair shedding in huskies.
These are some of the warning signs for owners to re-check what they are feeding their huskies. If these symptoms are common in your pet, choose the right kind of food that does not upset them.
The Do’s And Don’ts For Huskies With Sensitive Stomach
In general, huskies have a soft or sensitive stomach. That’s why they are picky with their food and don’t have a huge appetite. Huskies know when to stop eating if they find the food is not suitable for their stomach. Also, you must stay away from feeding your husky low-quality food from unknown brands.
The diet of husky should be consistent and simple. You can try raw diets only when your husky is well-adjusted to the surroundings and doesn’t have stomach issues. Otherwise, you should continue feeding your husky with commercial dog food.
To protect your husky from sensitive stomach issues, you need to follow the essential husky rules.
- Keep the diet consistent and simple
- Use food from trusted dog food brand, ensuring high-quality
- Set a definite time for feeding
- Create an exercise routine to keep your husky active
- Keep an eye on what your dog eats or sniff while roaming in public areas
- Never feed table scraps to your husky
- Do not allow your husky to eat grass when their stomach is already upset
- Do not leave your husky alone for a long time as it can cause separation anxiety which adds stress to stomach issues
- Do not let your husky stay outside in hot areas for a long time without water or shade
Deciding The Best Food For A Husky With Sensitive Stomach
Now you know the symptoms and causes of the sensitive stomach in husky, it’s time to choose the best food. But what qualities you need to look for in the best food for a husky with a sensitive stomach? Let’s discuss.
Carbohydrates are suitable for the stomach only if consumed in a limited quantity. Therefore, you should look for food that contains a low amount of carbohydrates. The excess amount can become the cause of their digestive problems.
Your husky always needs an adequate amount of animal protein. However, the intake of protein varies with the husky’s activeness and sensitivity. Therefore, you should consult your vet about the protein intake.
Your husky food must include the right mixture of minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants. It results in a balanced diet which is essential for the proper functioning of the digestive system. Include minerals in diets such as beta carotene and selenium and vitamins like vitamin E, C, and A to help with digestion.
To maintain their high energy, you need to include fat in their food diet. However, the fat should smoothly pass through the digestive system.
Feeding Huskies With Sensitive Stomach
Huskies have a low tolerance for ingredients such as dairy, wheat, gluten, soy, and corn. You should also try to avoid feeding food containing fillers, preservatives, and additives whenever possible. The balanced nutrition should have whole-food ingredients.
While feeding, you must provide your husky in lower quantities. It reduces the risk of obesity and poor digestion. Most vet or breeder recommends feeding your huskies the amount of food they can eat within ten minutes. Also, make sure that there is enough time between your husky’s bedtime and last meal.
Top 10 Food For Huskies With Sensitive Stomach
Here are the ten best foods for a husky with a sensitive stomach.
1 Hill’s Science Dog Food
When a husky has an upset stomach, their body needs a particular diet set, and Hill’s Science Dog Food abuts all of them. The ingredients are put cautiously to supply the necessary energy and nutrients to make your Husky playful once again.
The food is mainly made to take care of dog skin and stomach, consisting of fish oil, chicken flavor, and other added vitamins to boost your buddy from the inside. In addition, it is excellent for brain development and eyesight.
You can feed the Hill’s Science Dog Food to Husky every day because it controls any allergy formation in the body and takes care of sensitive stomach issues. Several websites and Veterinarians have tagged Hill’s Science Dog Food as the #1 Dog Food for Husky with Sensitive Stomach and diarrhea.
- The Hill’s Science Dog Food is made of natural ingredients safe for the dogs’ intake.
- It is available in different sizes with a wide range of colors and flavors.
- The dry food meets the necessary nutritional requirements for huskies.
- Dogs love this food even when added to wet foods.
- Hill’s is a renowned brand with trusted quality before packaging. Therefore, you always feed genuinely with Hill’s Science Dog Food.
- Huskies might gain weight if the food is fed excessively.
2 Blue Buffalo Wilderness Protein Food
Huskies belong to the wild. Their body needs meat and a high protein amount for strength building. Keeping their food habits in mind, the Blue Buffalo Wilderness Protein Food makers for a husky include a handsome amount of real chicken in the package.
The grain-free food builds and maintains muscle mass and satisfies a huskie meat craving and some healthy carbohydrates like peas and sweet potatoes. To keep good skin and a healthy coat, they have put omega 3 & 6 fatty acids, vitamins. The antioxidants support the immune system balancing the life stage requirements perfectly.
All these nutrients together benefit your pet with an active lifestyle. Doctors recommend the Blue Buffalo Wilderness Protein Food for Husky for balanced nutrition in huskies without upsetting their stomachs under any circumstances.
- The protein food is excellent for your pet’s skin, bones, muscles, and immune system health.
- It comes in chicken flavor with a high amount of protein as the primary ingredient.
- The Blue Buffalo Wilderness Protein Food for Husky helps in removing the tartar.
- You get the product in different flavors without compromising the ingredients.
- DHA and ARA are the two components of the food to benefit your doggie with good eyesight and brain development.
- It is advised to give the food at a gradual increase. If offered in larger amounts at the beginning, your doggie might face some health issues.
- Do not store the food in a hot place. Heat spoils the food.
3 Royal Canin Dog Food
Dull coat, sensitive skin, improved gut system, tartar, dental plaque, upset stomach, enhanced joint health are the areas that the food ingredients take care of in huskies.
The product is the best choice for husky puppies within 5 to 10 months because it proves The Royal Canin Dog Food spike energy levels during their growing period. In addition, the food comes in kibble size for puppies to chew easily with their tiny jaws.
If you feed the Royal Canin Dog Food when your husky is a puppy, your doggie will likely have a solid and supportive digestive system once they grow up. The exclusive blend of vitamins, antioxidants helps in improving the immunity system also.
- The food consists of many pre-biotics, proteins, and probiotics with an adequate amount of nutrients.
- The Royal Canin Dog Food diet is uniquely made for dogs’ needs.
- It provides the correct amount of energy to husky puppies.
- The Royal Canin is a combination of wet and dry food that means you can feed both, keeping the nutritional value intact.
- Royal Canin does not provide grain-free products.
- It is expensive but worth the amount you pay.
4 Diamond Natural Dog Food
A healthy stomach always shows on the skin and hair – the statement is true for dogs. If being a pet-parent, you cannot figure out the exact needs of your pup for a glossier and healthier coat, congratulations – you just found the remedy.
The Diamond Natural Dog Food is apt for an active Husky. It is a pack full of Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids that are secret ingredients to healthy skin, teeth, and coat. Other than that, it contains the highest quality pasture-raised beef protein that is tailored for adult dog’s needs.
The natural amino acid content promotes your beloved husky with lean and strong muscles.
- Enriched with powerful phytonutrients and antioxidants, the food boosts the immune system.
- Salmon is the food’s main ingredient, serving as a rich source of selenium and premium quality animal protein.
- The K9 strain probiotic helps the dog to maintain a proactive lifestyle.
- The product is safe for dogs.
- The food has a strong smell which can cause allergies to some huskies.
- If your husky prefers staying away from fish, the pet will likely not like the food’s flavor.
5 Purina Pro Plan Dog Food
To some huskies, high protein foods turn out to be indigestible. However, if you are a parent to a husky with similar problems, then Purina Pro Plan Dog Food is a great option to try.
The food is made with special ingredients that are easily digestible without compromising the protein content. So if it comes to your observation that your husky is getting leaner with each passing day with some symptom of stomach issues, the lamb and salmon formula of Purina Pro Plan Dog Food will work like magic.
It is considered the best cure for dogs with a sensitive stomach or gastric illness. In addition, the best quality probiotics maintain the total wellbeing of adult huskies.
- It is gentle on the digestive system.
- The Purina Pro Plan Dog Food is a fantastic cure for intestinal bacteria for huskies.
- The rich content of omega-6 fatty acid improves coat and skin health.
- The food is available online in both wet and dry form.
- You get different flavors and formulations of the same product.
- The smell can irritate your dog sometimes.
- If your dog is in a transition period, it might cause diarrhea as well.
6 Nulo Freestyle Grain-Free Dog Food
Nulo is one brand that presents 100% natural grain-free dry dog food. Another interesting fact about Nulo is that their foods are devoid of eggs or chicken that most dogs find difficult to digest. So, if your Husky baby is one of them, Nulo is the brand for you.
To benefit the dog’s gut health, they keep the formulation without corn, soy, gluten, wheat, and artificial preservatives or flavors.
The minimum ingredient of the product becomes a whole nutrient package full of protein, fat, and carbohydrates. The protein source of any Nulo Dog food comes from salmon, lamb, and turkey.
- Ganeden BC30 probiotics improve sensitive stomach issues in huskies.
- The food is made of all-natural ingredients.
- It can be pricey for some customers.
7 Merrick Grain-Free Salmon & Sweet Potato Dog Food
Merrick is the maker of one of the finest quality dog food, using local farmers to supply their ingredients. So you get genuine products with premium quality vegetables and meat in the food.
Each pack of nutrition can cure stomach illness in huskies of their first meal. The food is highly nutritious with an all-natural lip-smacking taste of vitamins, carbohydrates, and antioxidant sources from blueberries.
- The dry food contains 60% protein with 40% fiber, vitamins, minerals, and other ingredients.
- The source of meat is Texas beef that is digestible.
- Salmon is the first ingredient of the entire food package recipe.
- Overfeeding can increase weight.
8 Wellness Core Natural Grain-Free Dry Food
The name itself reflects care for your sweet pet. Wellness is a producer of grain-free dry food for huskies. Usually, huskies are not intolerant to dry grain foods, but if yours is one of the rarest of all, you can trust Wellness.
The dry food is made of high-quality protein food with balanced nutrients to give your dog complete care for health and stomach. In addition, the food is created devoid of common market allergens, making it an excellent choice for an upset dog stomach.
- The food has no fillers. Every ingredient is natural and reliable for a healthy dog life.
- The makers provide grain-free and in-grain recipes for food-sensitive huskies.
- Fresh meat is the source of protein in the food.
- Whitefish is the primary ingredient.
- The pungent smell can be intolerable to some dogs.
9 CRAVE Grain Free High Protein Food
Crave makes your pet crave more food with a healthy stomach and an improved digestive system. Huskies love the taste of every animal protein in their diet. That is why Crave serves wild dogs like huskies with 100% natural meat, fish, or poultry as their main ingredient.
The makers keep soy, grains, corns, wheat-like ingredients away from the package as the primary protein source is from animals. As a result, crave gives huskies a leaner body, glossier coat with improved energy to play.
- The food comes in wet and dry variants with protein-rich recipes.
- Natural lamb is the first ingredient with a grain-free recipe devoid of carbohydrate sources.
- The food does not have any artificial color, flavor, or preservatives in the recipe.
- It comes in a meaty flavor that most dogs love to have in their mealtime.
- The food can be a bit pricey.
- The calorie intake is too high, which can be sensitive to some dogs.
10 Rachael Ray Nutrish Superfood
Not every dog food tastes good. But, with the Rachael Ray Nutrish Superfood, your pup will ask for more after finishing the bowl. Rachael Ray makes the food with passion and delicacy out of a natural meat source that dogs love to have. She makes every meal-time a fun time for dogs to finish their bowl every time.
Meat, poultry, and seafood are the first ingredients in the recipes. After that, they combine the food with a handsome number of veggies with must-have vitamins, taurine, and minerals for full support in your dogs’ system.
- The food is tasty and nutritious.
- They provide top-notch quality ingredients.
- Excessive eating can make the dog sick.
In this article, every product we have mentioned benefits pet owners and their dogs. Even if they do not have stomach issues, pet parents can feed their doggies any of this food to have a healthy and strong immune system.